Mood: mehGood things about the trip:
Listening to: "Egypt Uncovered" on ID (Sparky's choice)
It was awfully hard leaving the nursing home yesterday after saying goodbye to Mom. Thank goodness Sparky was there for moral support.
- Quality time with Sparky.
- I never reached the point of wanting to murder Jan. This is a major improvement over any other trip.
- I only felt lousy one day due to the cold. Not so bad.
- Got to see Mom, made her smile, helped her out with mealtimes, etc.
- I once again managed to drive through snow in the mountains. I loathe Vail Pass! Also large trucks.
- Got birthday schwag!
- Not having cruise control on my rental car was surprisingly difficult.
- Found Pea Green Corner. Took pictures.
- Discovered that the people who are a living in the house in which I grew up are Obama supporters. Got a good chuckle over Dad haunting them for that. hee