Mood: OK, sugar high helpsWhat I did today:
Listening to: Last night's CSI
- Got up (ta-dah!)
- Sent Sparky off to school--he wanted to go, I wanted him to stay home one more day...
- Checked Bloglines
- Opened candy bags and arranged them for Trick of Treat tonight
- Washed assorted non-dishwasher-safe kitchenware
- Cleaned off and wiped down counters, stovetop, etc.
- Logged on to work computer: downloaded orders from yesterday and finished them
- Did October stats and emailed them to my boss
- Tried on new shoes....
- Cleared the pokey dead stuff from the bushes near the porch to make us look less like an abandoned house
- Dug up enough iris rhizomes to fill a plastic Target bag--that's about half of what needed to come out. Guess I should do this a little more often.
- Swept off the front sidewalk
- Helped Beast tie down Charlotte. The spider. On the porch. Get your mind out of the gutter!
- Scrubbed my hands clean, pulled out several splinters. Guess I should wear gardening gloves
- Ate lunch
- Played Bejeweled
- Updated my work blog
- Updated my book blog
- Started handing out candy, and started a list of costumes
burqini: n. A swimsuit that conforms to Islamic dress code, particularly one that covers the entire body, except the face, hands, and feet. Also: burkini. [Blend of burqa and bikini.]
Well, so far this Halloween, I haven't seen a burqini on anyone, though there was a little girl in a 'genie' costume that was pretty close.