Friday, October 31, 2008

Day off

Mood: OK, sugar high helps
Hair: Braided
Eyes: OK
Listening to: Last night's CSI
What I did today:
  • Got up (ta-dah!)
  • Sent Sparky off to school--he wanted to go, I wanted him to stay home one more day...
  • Checked Bloglines
  • Memed
  • Opened candy bags and arranged them for Trick of Treat tonight
  • Washed assorted non-dishwasher-safe kitchenware
  • Cleaned off and wiped down counters, stovetop, etc.
  • Logged on to work computer: downloaded orders from yesterday and finished them
  • Did October stats and emailed them to my boss
  • Tried on new shoes....
  • Cleared the pokey dead stuff from the bushes near the porch to make us look less like an abandoned house
  • Dug up enough iris rhizomes to fill a plastic Target bag--that's about half of what needed to come out. Guess I should do this a little more often.
  • Swept off the front sidewalk
  • Helped Beast tie down Charlotte. The spider. On the porch. Get your mind out of the gutter!
  • Scrubbed my hands clean, pulled out several splinters. Guess I should wear gardening gloves
  • Ate lunch
  • Played Bejeweled
  • Updated my work blog
  • Updated my book blog
  • Started handing out candy, and started a list of costumes

WordSpy Word:
burqini: n. A swimsuit that conforms to Islamic dress code, particularly one that covers the entire body, except the face, hands, and feet. Also: burkini. [Blend of burqa and bikini.]

Well, so far this Halloween, I haven't seen a burqini on anyone, though there was a little girl in a 'genie' costume that was pretty close.

No comments: