Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Conference People

Mood: Good, but a bit jet-lagged
Hair: whatever
Eyes: ditto
Listening to: ads, and "Deadliest Catch" (Phil is coughing up blood and refusing medical care)
So, yeah. I was in Anaheim, across the street from Disneyland, for the last 4-plus days. (see below for best cynical description of the conference) I had a blast, learned some stuff, ate a lot of rubber chicken for lunch, and appreciated the California weather if not the smog. I now feel totally less stupid about what's coming up in the future of my job. We use far-too-freakin-many acronyms, by the way.

I also gelled my sense that lots of people in the profession are pompous asses. By the way, there's no age exclusion for that--there seem to be just as many asshat 30-year-olds as 55-year-olds. I'll match you name for name. You start. Go on.

People are fun to watch, though. My feet hurt. I shipped 10 lbs. of stuff from the exhibits, and could have done another 10 easily had I wanted to stand in line for another box. Instead, I just practiced better packing principles...and used two of the six free bags I picked up.

Glad to be home. Don't really want to go to work tomorrow...because I got the most retarded email EVER from Schedule Nazi while I was gone. She is 100% idiot. {{newsflash}} Not really: it's common knowledge.



Urban Word:
interesting: (adj) Something which arouses no interest at all.

Used to politely avoid admitting this, which indirectly expresses your indifference.


When attending a conference with 25,000 other librarians, sometimes the best thing to say is "Gee, that was interesting."

No comments: