Friday, December 28, 2007

Another question

(I think I'm regressing to age three...)

Why did I come to work today? I knew when I left last night that I was at Reference from 9 a.m. till noon. As the day has evolved that has turned into an additional hour at Reference and an hour at the circ desk.

Meanwhile the snow is prettily floating down, going on 7 hours now. It looks like an accumulation so far of about 4 inches.

I knew this would happen. There are about 12 people who took today off. We are at bare-bones staffing. Driving in from my house this morning was pretty horrendous; driving home will be worse. When I get home, I need to dig out the driveway (which undoubtedly the plows will have filled in), clean Buddy's cage, take the trash out to the curb, and make about 8 phone calls. I'm just hoping we don't lose (and haven't lost) power, because that's a whole OTHER annoyance.

I'm so beyond cranky, a feeling not helped a bit by the knowledge that I'm being a big crybaby. If I were single, this would be normal. When Sparky moves out, this will be normal whenever Beast is on a business trip. I'm just really really spoiled.

And cranky.

Did I mention that? Yeah, well, I am.

No comments: