Thursday, March 01, 2007

Awake, alone

I just got home from work.

I'm really tired, with a headache that developed just before we closed down for the night. It's rainy, windy, and generally unpleasant outside, leading to an uncomfortable drive home (is this puddle frozen? is that idiot going to turn his brights down?) compounded by the headache.

Both boys are asleep in their beds. I should go there too. Soon. Today was just a weird day, though I did manage to get quite a lot done:

  • Updated all the monthly statistics and lists and ran the list for the monthly budget. Also updated my work blog with the monthly stats.
  • Installed Meebo at work (and at home this morning). My login is the same as my Gmail, if anyone cares.... Not sure if it works, as not that many people are on my {{gag}} Buddy List
  • Created a new Google Alert about Monday's situation. We've made it as far as Utah in the news so far. Groan. I also talked to the staff-member who was involved for a few minutes about the whole thing.
  • Cataloged about 60 books, CDs, and books on CD and tape
  • Found a new-to-me toy on Connexion which will strip fields exported into our database. I know, sounds thrilling, but it will save me some work.
  • Ate a Crunchwrap for lunch and a chicken breast (leftover from dinner earlier this week) for supper. And several candy hearts. And too many Munchkins. [...and how odd is it that Googling the link for that brought up two hits for Dunkin Donuts in Pakistan and India before the official Dunkin Donuts website?]
  • Read lots of email, replied to some, wrote some, but it was generally a slow mail day. That's ok: one of the emails was from a Known Asshole, so some of us who received that email had a brief but good time bashing him around among ourselves.
Amazingly enough, writing this post has cured my headache. Or maybe it's just that my neck is at an impossible angle as I type and my nerve cells are all numb. I'm not complaining.

I'm off to do a Sudoku (killer-style) and then to bed. Beast should have the whole bed warmed up by now. Heh.

PS--Tomorrow is Spa Day for me. Yay. I'm so ready for a massage and whatever-else-is-on-the-schedule. I don't even care, as long as I walk out of there all noodly.

No comments: