Friday, March 02, 2007

No spa for me

Today, Amy and I were headed for the spa today. This is (more or less) what the scenery looked like in spots as I drove toward the town nearest me. I was about 2 seconds from sliding sideways into a ditch about 10 minutes from my house. Town was fine. As I headed out of town again, the blowing picked up again, the roads were covered with snow in spots, and then I completely couldn't see the road.
It had taken almost double the time it normally takes me to get to that point. While I hadn't actually seen, at that point, anything like the photo below......I decided I really didn't want to be the one who started the trend. So I called Amy and told her I wasn't going to get there. Then I came home. I'm done for the day.

I can't remember the last time I did this. My normal M.O. is to get pissed and say that I can beat this damn weather. Not today. By the time I got home, I had slid scarily three more times and lost sight of the road repeatedly. Totally not fun.

Is it spring yet??

Addendum: You know that sound they use in TV shows and movies to indicated a GiFuckingNormous Storm? I'm thinking of Dr. Zhivago and that isolated house, or any "Little House on the Prairie" winter episode. OK, remember that noise? That's what the ambient noise in my living room is right now. Just the sound makes me want to put on four more layers of clothes and huddle under piles of blankets. But it's not just the sound, unfortunately; it's hideously nasty outside, even if the thermometer says that it's 29 degrees.
Yick.

No comments: