Monday, October 23, 2006

I was just exposed to yet another one of these meetings from hell. Thank God for IM, because today was Silence Land except for DorkyLips and MAS and the rest of that gang--it was pretty much a group grope for them. The rest of us were 'allowed' to speak. And DorkyLips sealed her doom by laughing at my frustration when I asked for clarification of her constant repitition of jargon-speak. Then again, I remind myself, she laughs and fuckingeverything: ha ha ha ha ha.

I'd post the intelligent IM that was going on at the same time with someone else 'attending' the meeting, but I'm too depressed. When all conversations end up with threats of suicide, or incipient drug use or murder, you know things are not going well. And that's where conversations about work have been ending up for the past several months. Our 'betters' think we're kidding; I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm actually NOT kidding. I have said "shoot me" more times in the past month than in the previous three years. If that's not a cry for help, I don't know what is!

No, I'm not going to shoot myself. I will not, however, guarantee that I won't be shooting someone else, someone with flappy lips. God help her. I don't want to go to prison.

No comments: