Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Work...yeah, right

I haven't worked a full day since last Wednesday. I had a teleconference yesterday which required me to check my work email from home, so I cleaned out some dreck there, but this morning I had about 20 new messages in my generic inbox, and 140 listserve messages.

And, oh yeah, it's the beginning of a new month, so I have statistics up the wazoo to finish before I start anything else today.

Not that there's anything I'm dying to start working on.

That teleconference took the life right out of me. Part of the background chat I had with Someone looked like this (yes, I edited--deal!):
1:41 PM me: hee hee hee and we're all on board with that
judging by the amount of discussion (and hte number of voices I hear)
SE: And the identity of the voices you've heard most often....
1:43 PM me: I thought, briefly, that I heard you?
SE: Yup. Voice o' reason.
HA ha ha.
1:44 PM me: and then you shut up because you remembered
we have no voice here
1:45 PM me: We have to approve our CUTTER NUMBERS??
SE: Well, I'm still going to be willing to argue in favor of brevity & common sense.
Oh, God, I just snickered inappropriately. Oops.
me: background noise = snickering
hee hee
thank god for Mute on my mobile phone
...
1:50 PM SE: Jesus H. Christ. This is going to take until Midfuckingnight at this rate. Are we ever going to get to content, or are we going to debate format all day?!
...
1:54 PM SE: Oh, for God's sake, shoot me. Now.
1:57 PM me: Damn. I forgot the gun again!!
...
2:08 PM me: oh [Cute Eyes] SHUT UP
2:09 PM SE: He's a toady butt-head.
2:10 PM me: Can you IM [Cute Eyes] and tell him to find [our] policy manual and COPY IT?? ...
2:13 PM SE: The deed is done.
2:14 PM SE: I mean, I just forwarded it to him.
me: Tanks
2:15 PM me: "The library that put in the crap..."
hee
SE: Flappy-lippped dork,
2:16 PM me: hey stop talking about me that way!!!! :-)
SE: Oh, you don't know the half of it, sister!
me: I'm going to go pout.
hmph
SE: I'm gonna go eat worms.
me: waaahhhhh
...
2:31 PM me: We had this WHOLE DISCUSSION 5 weeks ago. shoot me.....
2:32 PM SE: this is bullshit. Ignore an incomplete record right in front of you? We should all become [Pat's library]?!
2:33 PM me: No. [Queen Bee], this won't help.
2:34 PM me: total silence
SE: hee hee!!!! I liked that!
me: Stump the [Queen Bee]--done.
SE: "responsibility". What a concept!
2:35 PM SE: Shouldn't it really be 'overlain'?
me: "Hmmmmm....."
Overlain sounds medieval, and to do with marriage, I think.
2:36 PM SE: OR perhaps it's some part of that dress that Jen!ic@ wore?
me: Probably embroidered, dontcha think?
...
me: [Cute Eyes] just has no clue
2:43 PM SE: [Cute Eyes] is a smarmy ninny.
2:44 PM me: There is a God Her name is [SE].
SE: Thank you, thank you very much....
2:46 PM SE: titter, titter
...
3:13 PM SE: derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
(not you)
3:14 PM me: God this group SUCKS
3:15 PM SE: Can you imagine how much worse this would be in person?? Yargh!
3:16 PM me: I'd've killed Mar[...]-fucking-sycophanitc-giggler by now.
SE: I just had to pop out for a sec. Did I miss anything?
me: Do I sound as pissed when I talk as I feel like I sound? ["Does this dress make me look fat?" "No your ass makes me look fat!"]
3:17 PM me: Er you missed......who knows. I found a 9 in my [Sudoku] puzzle.
SE: Um, you sound a little cranky. Not unduly. I'm blogging and running a review file and putting on a Band-Aid.
3:19 PM SE: Ah! [Our policy manual] rears his erudite head again....
3:20 PM me: Did you help draft this 3 years ago?
...
3:24 PM me: Is [Ga] on this call??
SE: What's the point in saying "we need to follow quality control"?
That's fucking common sense.
No, [Ga] is not allowed.
3:25 PM me: Oh, that's right. She's kept with the mushrooms.
SE: [Gl] = mushroom?
3:27 PM SE: Well, if all this is about [...] State Lib directives, why are we talking at all?! Why don't we just hang up, then?! Fuck this.
3:28 PM me: Sorry, just had to call [Sparky]'s school
I was going to pick him up at 4
Not happening
What did I miss?
[Gl] = also mushroom
or, actually [Gl] also = mushroom
SE: 's OK. Yeah, good luck having a life. We accomplished nothing except me blowing a gasket, mentally.
3:29 PM me: Lalalalala
...
3:35 PM me: OK, who is yawning into the phone?! Was that you?
SE: No, I have social skills, you goombah!
3:36 PM :)
me: Must've been Mar[...].
Mar[...] = no social skills
3:37 PM SE: "HA ha ha ha ha!" Condescending witch.
me: Who chuckled when I said discretion? Was that her?? Damn
Amy: Yup, Mar[...]. dwarfy little creep.
3:38 PM me: Maybe she'll be in charge of taking care of the mushrooms in The New [Consortia]
heh

All of which calls for a blessing:
May a kindly spirit, a kindly genius be present,
and your thoughts be harmonious.
All faiths seek different paths toward ultimate being, but love is the secret of them all.
Stay awake and simplify.

No comments: