Monday, March 27, 2006

Dream

I had kind of an unnerving dream last night (well, this morning, since it was right before I woke up).

We were living in a huge, nearly completely empty house. Big rooms, not so much furniture. Not very nice, either. There were ants in the bedroom carpet...eeuw.

Anyway, Ellen, my Fun Sister showed up at my door about 45 minutes before I was due at work. She wanted a complete inventory of all the stuff from my parents' house. Everything. And no, she couldn't wait for me to put it together; she needed it now. Which is just like her, really.

I was really irritated, but agreed to go through stuff with her. We searched all the closets (I only remember "finding" 3 quilts, 2 of which are just quilt tops, and Sparky's high chair--except it wasn't the one we actually, in real life, used for him). I started to feel guilty because I hadn't done the cataloging of this stuff that I'd promised to do, but I also was very annoyed with Ellen for making me late for work. I was pissed, frankly, by the time she left. She was being a complete idiot about looking everywhere, as if I were hiding something.

By the time she left, I was running to the car, which she had parked in. I couldn't leave until she did, and then she wouldn't get out of my way down the hill, and I took a detour and got stuck...and so on. I don't think I shouted at her, but I was angry when I woke up.

I immediately went from angry to guilt-ridden. Why am I angry with her: she's been dead 11-plus years!

I think, overall, this is some sort of subconscious reminder that I need to get on with the work on the boxes we brought back from Colorado last summer. So, I guess I should thank Ellen for doing what she did best: pushing me to do stuff when I was stuck. And I usually ended up pretty annoyed with her at the moment (and grateful later on...sometimes).

In any case, now that I've been awake for three hours, I'm going to go shower and get dressed. Sparky needs to do the same (no shower for three days--yish). And then we get to run errands. Whee.

No comments: