Sunday, March 26, 2006

PLA notes

I've transcribed all of my notes and posted them here...then I rethought that and deleted them and posted them on my work blog.

I'll just post a list of what I did here, along with my 'grade' on the content.

Tuesday:
The Future of Fantasy -- B+
Anna Deveare Smith Luncheon -- B+ (food -- B)
Crossing the Aisle: Readers' Advisory for History, both Fiction and Non-Fiction -- A-
Wednesday:
Nancy Pearl Presents Books Buzz -- C
EBSCO Luncheon -- B (food: C+)
Opening General Session (Linda Ellerbee) -- B
Exhibits Opening Reception -- B (food -- C)
Thursday:
Grab Them: Books with Guy (and Gal!) Appeal -- A
Looking for a Good Book? Developing an Online Reading Suggestion Service -- B
Elie Wiesel speech -- A+
Caputring the Hearts and Minds of the Gamer Generation -- A-
Literary-Themed Scavenger and Clue Hunts -- C+
Friday:
Readers' Maps: Blending Fiction and Nonfiction Readers' Advisory through Reading Itineraries -- B-
Guys Read -- A-
Tea Isn't the Only Thing That Floats in Boston's Harbor: Murder, Mayhem, and New England's Finest Crime Writers -- A-
The Joy of Censorship -- A
Evening reception at BPL -- A (food A+--they had a mashed potato bar--wow!)

Hotel: B+
Food (overall): A- (what we found on our own)
Transportation (except the air travel): B-
Air transporation: B- (anything over B+ is not achievable anymore)
Time to see Boston: D (but that's not why we really went, either)
Injury report: sore/blistered feet, very bruised knees (from a spectacular crash on Tuesday in front of around 150 people--luckily I only wiped myself out), sore shoulders from carrying bags of free stuff, but absolutely no food-induced problems! B
So overall:
programming -- B+
food -- A
accomodations (hotel and conference center) -- B
TOTAL -- B

Hope I can go to this again.

No comments: