Saturday, September 20, 2008

me me me

Mood: Good
Hair: I love barrettes! I also wonder just exactly how I'm not bald considering the amount of hair I dusted and vacuumed up in the bathroom today!
Eyes: Going south again
Listening to: A/C. Yes. It's THAT WARM!
I made jambalaya tonight. Technically, I made it in July, but I cooked it tonight for Sparky and me. And for dessert, we had yummy home-cooked cinnamon rolls.

I found something out about just how out of shape I am: while shelving yesterday (i.e., crawling around and bending and twisting) I managed to annoy my inner thigh muscles so much that I can't walk today. I literally have had to back down the stairs this evening because walking forward hurts that much! My old lady walk is on the way to perfection! Of course, today is laundry day...the washer & dryer are in the basement. The bedrooms are on the second floor. LOTS of stairs in between.

I have no idea what I'm doing tomorrow with the youth group after highway cleanup. I also can't find the file with contact info & permission slips that we collected two weeks ago. Organization is somehow only my strong suit at work!

It dawned on me today that I have pretty much thrown in the towel on updating family medical info. I need a chart.

Sparky picked up Brisingr today, his copy which he ordered in July or something from the local bookstore. It was released at midnight today. I'm reading a kids book too, among other things I'm reading. In fact, I think I'm going to go read now. That doesn't hurt my legs!


Urban Word:
Destinesia: When you get to where you were intending to go, you forget why you were going there in the first place. Not to be confused with being stoned, destinesia often occurs during working hours, and is the cause of much frustration.
Today was definitely Destinesia Day for me: I was so focused on the getting somewhere that once I arrived, if I didn't have a list of what I came for, I might as well not have bothered.

No comments: