Tuesday, September 02, 2008

In a rut much?

Mood: Good
Hair: Clean, curled, and actually looking good
Eyes: Pretty ok so far
Listening to: Angelique Kidjo's "Agossi" just ended and Solas' "Nil Na La" just began (which was then followed by Konono No.1's "Lufuala Ndonga" and UB40's "Red, Red Wine" and [omg omg omg LOVE this song!] Howard Jones' "I Must Go"). AWESOME MIX!!
I keep eating badly. That's one very deep rut.

But the biggest one is that when I get to work I have to open the windows on my PC in precisely the right order or it totally messes up my workflow. Reading left to right across the Start Bar:
- IE : Meebo (shrunk and open on the left side of my screen at (almost) all times)
- A second IE window with the following tabs (in this order): Yahoo!Music, the Launchcast player window, Connexion (and right now, Blogger, but usually our catalog)
- Word : My task list for the week, which I email to my boss on Tuesday morning before creating a new one
- Millennium (two windows: Java and the actual database)
- Notepad : for random stuff to be handled as I find it (right now it's got the YouTube URL for Cindy McCain's idiot comment about Palin's "foreign policy experience")
- Any other programs that are needed open after this: e.g., Excel, incoming emails, etc.
Outlook is open, but only shows in the widget window until I click to inspect it.

The kicker: if these are out of order, I completely can't manage.

Unfortunately, I don't always remember to open things in this order, so I often have to log out of something and start again. Anyone know of a way to move the programs around on the start bar like you can do with the IE tabs, without downloading crap?



Urban Word:
meatatarian: A person who eats meat virtually to the exclusion of vegetables. The meatatarian often claims to be conserving veggies for those who would actually eat them, and keeps the veggies out of the waste stream, helping the environment, or keeping produce costs down.

While not an extreme meatatarian, I have moments; for instance, this morning's 'need' for a bacon/egg/cheese bagel from McD's.

No comments: