Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day is Not Preceded by Sisters' Day

.

I just called my sister Marie, a call I should have/meant to make before now, to 'warn' her that I'd ordered a flower basket to hang outside Mom's window. Or something. Of course, the basket already arrived. Nevermind.

We talked over Mom's current condition. More decline, but nothing earth-shattering. The staff is irritating my sister. blah blah blah

I was in the midst of telling her something only to have her cut me off because she wasn't sure where Jan was and the engine on his car has been cutting out suddenly lately...and he might be calling for her to come rescue him.

Yeah. Nevermind. I got a sideways slap for taking anti-depressants and then cut off in the middle of telling her about Beast's accident yesterday.

I can't even work up a good rant. Sigh.

Urban Word:
fornever:
1. Never occurring, nor having the potential to do so.

2. A seemingly non-existent period of time.
My siblings fornever give me credit for being an adult.
P.S. As I was finishing this up, an email came through from Marie thanking all the sibs for the flowers, etc., we'd sent Mom. The last line: "By the way, [Cat.], [Jan] was just over on the south driveway where I didn't look packing his car trunk and putting the top down! He was just too quiet!" Apparently, checking before hanging up on me is too much to ask.

No comments: