Monday, February 11, 2008

* * NEWSFLASH * *

Just got a call from James which he introduced by saying, "I can't talk long, so..." Dean is going to have to go back into hospital for more amputation; sounds like he'll lose his left leg below the knee now. The weird thing is that he's not having surgery where he lives, but in the Big City to (his) Southeast. I'm quite confused about this, and wondering if he's being transported via ambulance. It's easier for his kids to visit him there (an hour's drive vs. 3 hours, one way), but it's weird.

Meanwhile, Beast's dad had step one of his dialysis port work done today. And Beast's mom is still mulling over treatment options. They are both starting to look at long-term care for FIL after MIL gets too sick to take care of him (or when he goes way off the track with Alzheimer's whichever comes first).

Still no news from my sister about DBS. My oldest sister is going to spend the next three weeks visiting or "helping out" after which I'm sure things will be lovely and calm for Jean and Reg.

My mom is fine, I guess. I'll call her on Thursday for Val. Day.

Beast is in Florida at the International Builders' Show. He won't be home until Sunday.

Here's today's blessing:
May The Great Holy Mystery Spirit bless you
and let truthfulness and compassion be your guides.
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, one finds it attached to the rest of the world.
Listen and accept.
Working on that accepting business. That's the hardest part.

No comments: