Saturday, April 28, 2007

Plan? What plan?

So the plan was to be at work today ten minutes from now. I haven't done anything to get ready beyond showering and getting dressed. Rough patch in the middle of the night caused me to wake up with a stomach that is insisting I stop putting so much crap into it. So I'm trying to behave. Huh. I still don't feel great.

Sparky and Beast are on their way to the Biggish City to the West of us for a day of 'mission' work that involves choices ranging from building shelves to scraping paint to helping with a day camp. Every year this seems to fall on a weekend on which I work. Beast has gone almost every year for about seven years; I've only been able to go once. Bummer.

Spent part of the afternoon and evening yesterday proof-reading a paper for a blog-friend. It's a fascinating subject (Transgender Politics) about which I knew less than nothing. I know only slightly more than that now, but I may do some reading up. Thanks, D. It's been an interesting week of rethinking my online reading and connecting with bloggy people. [Hi, A.!]

Today I work (did I mention that?) and I'm missing Elizabeth's shower. I don't think her gift will arrive in time for it. Actually, having just checked the package tracking on Bloglines, it's on its way to her town as of midnight. Any chance they'll deliver it today?? Does UPS deliver on weekends? I don't think so... Oh, well.

I think the hair today will be braided. I'm just not interested in farting around with the dryer or curling iron. Feh. Also, meh.

No comments: