Monday, April 30, 2007

A lovely day

The weather continues to be wonderful. Today was the first day of Frog Season, apparently. They have been singing ALL DAY today in the pond across the street. In a few weeks, if the weather stays right, we'll have millions of little baby frogs hopping all over our driveway and yard. The kids in the neighborhood love to catch them--and then release them--and generally play with them. It's fun.

We're also supposed to start hearing cicadas soon. I'm not sure we will if the frogs don't quiet down! They really are loud, and this is a very small pond.

Sparky did his interview with a criminalist in the sheriff's department tonight. Interesting; I'm not sure who was nervous-er: he or the officer! So that's one more step of his Project From Hell that's dealt with. I judged these things last year specifically so I would know what the end result should look like. I've already signed up to do a shift of judging at the other middle school this year. Sparky's school hasn't asked for volunteers yet. Or, if they have, Sparky has conveniently lost the notification.

We are doing well with the dance preparation. I'm feeling surprisingly calm about the whole issue. Or I just don't care anymore. Possibly both. Life's too short to worry about this kind of stuff, really.

Beast spent a couple of hours working on the desk and credenza he is cleaning up for the church's finance office. It's been well-loved, and just needs some cleanup and patching in places, a little TLC and some hardware. Since he had hoped to have it ready to use by last weekend, he's been pretty ticked about not having time to look at it. I promised him that this week the evenings are his.

I've made dinner, done dishes, cleaned up in the bathroom, and cleared the kitchen counters off. Went to the grocery store, and spent almost $45 dollars to fill my gas tank (in my "little truck" as the girl in the gas station said).

A good day. Tomorrow, it's back to the salt mines where I have started to feel barricaded and besieged by the sheer number of books looming over me. I literally have to turn sideways and edge through the gap to get to my desk now. You'd think it would keep people away...but not so much. At least some of them.

Right. Enough. I'm going to go check and see how orange my legs have turned from the self-tanner I put on them this morning. I'll bet I have a really cute line where I ran out. :-)

No comments: