Thursday, March 08, 2007

Work, Enjoying

'Splain to me again why we work. 'Splain to me again why we have to deal with other people. 'Splain to me why we have to work with other people.

Beast is dealing with a major meltdown in his company's production. A customer called yesterday saying that the product they bought from Beast's company a couple of months ago is completely messed up. It seems to have started out all right, but as they've used it, it's gotten more and more difficult to deal with. Beast and his cohorts have ascertained that the whole production run of this product--and one other--made since early December is fubar. He and the other sales-people are having to call all the customers who use those products to a) ask if they've had problems, and b) tell them to stop using it for their manufacturing.

FABulous, eh? While doing this, they also are trying to figure out what went wrong in the first place. It may have been someone at the front end making a unilateral decision to either a) use a cheaper substitute in the formula for Beast's product, or b) changing the formula some other way.

This would not surprise me in the least.



Meanwhile, here I am at work getting not really much done today, but enjoying myself because we aren't having to jerk around with the new software after all. [Stop Reading Now, Amy] Hence, emails like the one to follow, thankfully, have no bearing on my life except as a reminder of why I hated all that was involved in the potential merge:

Hi,
Please be careful when adding new items to the former [partial system] catalog. I have had a few items added to my call number records that are not [our]s. In these two cases my call number was changed also. Someone else called me about deleting one of our item records. I can be very forgiving for now. This is really confusing to all of our staff and patrons though. I have included the item numbers and a screen shot. We have of course changed our call numbers back.

[
Mar-sycophant]
All I left out or changed was the screenshots and identifying information. My very favorite line: "I can be very forgiving for now."

Gee, hon, that's real big of yuh. Guess yer fer sher goin' ta heaven now. Cuz this will definitely cure the problem and no one else will do anything else wrong while they learn how to use the FarTooFuckingComplicatedForWords computer software over the next few weeks!

Asshat.

No comments: