Saturday, September 09, 2006

Dreams

It has to be plural because this morning's waking-up dream was pretty chopped up.
I think we were at my house, though it certainly didn't look like my house. We were there with friends who had come over to see a football game. I was running up and down stairs for assorted things, including the laptop (which was about double in length and really looked like Beast's poker chip case more than our laptop. Beast had just purchased an add-on to turn the keyboard sideways from the keypad...we were excited about that until J. brought out his VERY small laptop that did the same thing on its own. [The weirdest thing about this is that J. is completely clueless about technology. He does like gadgets, but has no clue whatsoever what they're for...]

Then suddenly, my "English family" were at our house...or maybe we were at their house...yeah, at theirs, but the room was the same one we'd been in. The only difference was that Beast wasn't there (Sparky wasn't in these dreams at all), but a different friend of mine was. We were up on their roof sometimes, which was a maze of chimney pots and high walls, almost locker-roomish except for the fact that we were outside--just narrow walkways and crenellated walls and chimneys. When you got to the edge of the roof, you could see a mini-Disney World the next block over, and lots of other similarly bizarre sights to see in the middle of an English city.

So my friend and I were hanging around talking to my sister and brother in law. There was something about a fundraiser going on, and one of my nieces came in at one point and told us they were confused about the fact that there were chunks of potato all over the street. "Potato gun," I told her [we'll have one of those at youth group tomorrow night]. When the money pots were brought in, someone had put in a 30-guinea coin, but my brother-in-law (who is old enough to have used guineas for part of his adult life) couldn't remember how much that was worth. And for some reason, Google wasn't helping either.

Then it became clear that I had rented a hotel room with my friend, who was also my lover...!!...and we weren't actively hiding that we were lesbians, but we also weren't going out of way to be secretive either. I woke up as we were walking back to the hotel holding hands.
All kinds of weird Process This Now! stuff going on here. I 'get' some of it, but...holy shit!

No comments: