Thursday, May 11, 2006

Rough night

The past 10 hours:

Went to bed around 10:15 p.m.
Lights out by 10:45
At some point, Beast came to bed; I slept through that
But I did hear him get up and shut the window on my side of the bed around 12
Then I heard the rain hitting the windows
Fast-forward 15 minutes or so...CR-R-RA-A-A-C-C-K-K-K-K! Thunder
And lightning
Which went on for at least 30 minutes
[Remember, I wear earplugs to bed. They didn't help a whit.]
When the storm ended I tried to get back to sleep, to no avail--
I was thinking about all the blogs I read
There was no breeze because the window was shut
Finally, I got up, grabbing my pillow and crosswords, and came downstairs
Where I did crosswords for half an hour and then tried to sleep
At 5 the bed above my head squeaked...Beast got into the shower
And then he came tippy-toeing downstairs
I said, "I know you're there" from my cocoon on the sofa
And he came over and kissed me good morning and goodbye
At 5:20, I was back in bed
My alarm went off at 6:30 and I came back downstairs to see Sparky off to school
It's 8 a.m. and I'm going back to bed before I have to get ready for work
Thank goodness I work the late shift today
Good morning

No comments: