Anyone else notice that?
Here's a prime example:
In one of the volunteer capacities in which I am work, I have taken over a fundraiser that this group has done for years, even decades. The previous person--let's call him PA--set all kinds of parameters that just seemed completely perverse for someone backing out of the committee: he would be the one to contact the supplier, he would pick up the material and distribute it from his house, etc. And he needed to know NOW whether I wanted to do this. Since it's a huge moneymaker for the group, I indicated that "I think we'll probably be doing it."Is it any wonder that his initials are PA, Passive Aggressive:
I guess that wasn't a good enough guarantee. He had a snit-fit last week, offering it to another group since I "wasn't interested." Luckily, the head of that group called me, and told me we could work together if time was an issue.
Saturday, I found out that he was completely yanking his involvement, and no he wouldn't give me the name of his contact: "He'll only work with me."
Then I found out yesterday (through the grapevine--aren't small towns great?) that PA had called the biggest annual purchaser--like several hundred dollars' worth of purchases!--and told them we weren't doing it this year, they'd have to find another supplier. So my first call this morning is to that purchaser saying, "He's just wrong: we are doing this." I've spent a couple of minutes online this morning and found about 30 other potential suppliers.
- Fear of Dependency--check
- Fear of Intimacy--check
- Fear of Competition, Tyrant variety--check
- Fostering Chaos--check
- Feeling Victimized--check
- Making Excuses and Lying--check, bigtime
- Procrastination (nope, can't use this one against him--he's a big deadline guy)
- Chronic Lateness and Forgetfulness (nor this one--he likes to be there before anyone else, and he remembers everything ever said by anybody, the better to use it against them, my dear)
- Ambiguity (nope, no dice: very clear)
- Sulking--check; he pulled out of every connection with this organization last week, all of 'em
I can't even be mad at him; it's just so pathetic.