Saturday, September 24, 2005

Passive-Aggressive (cont.)

Here's a fun update on this post from a couple of weeks ago.

NOW, I'm mad, but not in a "light a match and watch me explode" kind of way. It's more of a slow, tired sizzle, or that smoke you get when it rains on a campfire.

Here's why:

We have been trying to figure out how to switch the names on the bank accounts. It's really pretty straight-forward: get the people who aren't using the account anymore to hand over their signature cards to the bank, and add signature cards for the people who are allowed to sign checks, etc. It's not exactly high finance, here.

First monkey-wrench: the complete list of people with signature cards includes PA and three people who haven't been involved in this group for at least 7 years. A-ha, but PA told the group secretary that he's signed off and there is now (as of a couple of weeks ago) NO ONE with an outstanding sig card. The new people just need to go to the bank and provide their personal info and we're good to go.

Second monkey-wrench: PA won't return calls from me. Whatever. I'm still horsing around with the fundraiser stuff, but trying not to be snarky about PA. I can do this without him and there's no sense in making his issue mine. That would only make him feel validated. blah blah blah

Third monkey-wrench: I saw PA very briefly this morning, just barely long enough for us to say "hi." He seemed...chilly...but that's to be expected. However, after visiting the bank later this morning, I have discovered that PA has closed out the accounts. Today. He has two cashiers checks, one from each account. Where are they? Not in our mailbox at the group office, nor anywhere else in obvious sight. He still isn't answering his phone.
Patience, right? Maybe he is mailing them to us? I don't really think he's going anywhere with the money, but he sure isn't supposed to have it. He knows it, the bank knows it, we know it....but we can't really call the police. And so the ball remains in his court. Just where he likes it.

Apparently, we've moved from passive-aggressive to passive-aggressive.

Having vented here, I'm sure hoping that if/when I see him or his wife (who really is not--from my point of view--party to any of this, but who will defend him until she ties herself up into a giant squirming knot) I don't slug him. Maybe I'll never see them. And that will be too soon.

No comments: