Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Quotes and a break

  • from a friend: "Other than telling us how to live, think, marry, pray, vote, invest, educate our children and, now, die, I think the Republicans have done a fine job of getting the government out of our personal lives." --Craig Carter
  • from my usual source:
    "First there is a time when we believe everything, then for a little while we believe with discrimination, then we believe nothing whatever, and then we believe everything again - and, moreover, give reasons why we believe." --Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

    "Irrationally held truths may be more harmful than reasoned errors." --Thomas H. Huxley
and today's word: introspection \in-truh-SPEK-shuhn\, noun:
The act or process of self-examination; contemplation of one's own thoughts and feelings; a looking inward.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

All of which is to say that I'm taking a break. I'll be back, though I'm not sure when that will be, but certainly not until I've rediscovered my equilibrium and the silver linings in life.

No comments: