Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The soap opera continues...

4/13/05 Library Board: Chief's firing was option

The board that governs the city's public library system talked privately Friday about terminating Director [K.], according to board members.

Eight of the nine trustees who attended the nearly two-hour closed-door meeting at the downtown library were split on whether [K.] should stay. They ultimately settled on giving the director a one-week suspension without pay for failing to meet management objectives given to her by the board.

[One] Board member ... described the meeting for the [newspaper]. Another board member confirmed [his] description of what took place.

The punishment comes three weeks after the board suspended [K.]'s credit-card privileges after learning that she used the business credit card to charge more than $1,000 worth of personal expenses.

[K.] declined to comment on the suspension or her future with the library, when contacted at home Tuesday.

"That's a discussion I have to have with my board members," [K.] said. "I love R_____. My children are extremely happy here, and I'm proud of the work I've accomplished at the library. I want to work hard to earn my trustees' trust back." [read the rest here]
My personal opinions aside about [K.] , I think there's something wrong with any library board member who discusses personnel issues with the newspaper. Could the whole organization be more dysfuctional??

{edited by siteowner}

No comments: