Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Wednesday

Weather: 27 degrees (feels like 27); dark morning, no stars; one patch of ground fog on the way into town
Listening to: the blowers at work, the janitor emptying the recycling bins

As I left our subdivision this morning, I could see the tower light on the airport near us turning and turning, like a lighthouse. It was eerie and comforting. It just keeps going, calmly and with no concern for any events beyond a burnt-out bulb or power outage.

Last night on CNN someone said that water is supposed to be friendly and cleansing and good, whereas this week in the Indian Ocean it was pure destruction.

Water is not friendly, in my experience. I like baths, am uncomfortable in pools, boats scare me, a lot. Water is not my friend, in spite of Bible Study members talking about "living water" and how that really connects for them. It doesn't connect for me in any way. Not this week, especially. Not really ever.

I'm tired. Long day ahead. It's 6:30 a.m. and I want to get so much done today. I probably won't get halfway there...because I set too many tasks for myself. It's discouraging. Tcha.

So, prosit (with Dr. Pepper). Wish me luck.

No comments: