Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Afternoon

Weather: 32 degrees (feels like 32); clear, sunny sky
Mood: Tired
Hair: Big barrette
Listening to: the crunch of Frosted Flakes (a.k.a. lunch) ; probably will turn on Rattle and Hum (U2) after lunch.

I'm caught up with all the new stuff. I spent the morning weeding, and now I have only goofy stuff to do this afternoon: messed-up records, items that need original cataloging (or do they?), a small stack of gift books. Never fear, more skinny books are on the horizon, if the person who has to source and security strip them can get away from circ. I'm in no rush!

This is technically my lunch hour. So I'm browsing. I know I'm a couple of days late linking to this Christmas story, but I keep finding it from different sources, so I'm going to do it anyway. Perhaps, if Sparky ever gets cranky about what he did or didn't get for birthday/Christmas, I'll remember to pull it out and remind him of the possibilities. Better yet, I'll just skip the middle man and go right to donation-land. {thanks lalcorn}

I have to get myself reregistered to be a voter registrar this afternoon. This will be my third try this month at doing this. County court clerks everywhere would be mortified at the runaround I've gotten trying to do them a service. My mother was one of clerk, so I know the pain from the inside, but really, three times and no "thank you" or "sorry" or anything.

First, they send a letter reminding me that my term expires at the end of the year, so I call. They can't find me; I need a letter from my boss.

Then, since it's the end of the month and the letter has been sent, I go over yesterday to do the paperwork. They can't find me; I didn't call AFTER the letter was received to tell them to type up my stuff.

Today should be the Big Day. What a bunch of dorks.

No comments: