Thursday, December 30, 2004

Christmas wrap

Weather: 36 degrees (feels like 36); foggy
Mood: OK, kind of headachy
Hair: braid (too lazy to do anything)
Listening to: the blowers

I'm supposed to be working (duh!), but instead I'm starting a list of gifts. Or at least categorizing some of them. This is not at all to be meant as insulting to the giver, by the way. Everyone has some stuff that's puzzling when it's first opened.
Weirdest ('What Were They Thinking?' Dept.): Barbara Bush bio -- although I do have a great deal of respect for her...I'll probably read it
Weirdest ('But I'll Use It' Dept.): Honey soaps
Most Grownup: Absolutely lovely Mikasa crystal vase (vaaazzz)
Funniest: [tie] Anne Robinson bio / Men Exposed book
Coolest: A rhinestone-studded Paris T-shirt
Most Useful: [tie] A really lovely magnetic bookmark / Cash, and lots of it
Most Useless (In a Good Way): Christmas Potpourri
What I Asked For ... PLUS: U2's new CD, packaged with a DVD of videos and a book of notes/lyrics (I think)
Most Traditional: Sourpatch Kids candy. Every year, in my stocking.
I should have posted this in my memes blog. Anyway: you're turn. What strange / cool / goofy / perfect gifts arrived this year for you?

No comments: