Thursday, October 21, 2004

Before leaving for work

Mood: so-so
Hair: blown-out, the theory being 'fake it till you make it'
Snappy Comeback NOT to be used today: How about never? Is never good for you? [from yesterday's paper, an article on New Yorker cartoons]

We have a Ref Staff meeting this morning. Joyohjoy.

I'm going to try to get my cart emptied and possibly look at the stuff on the dreaded Bottom Shelf, which is growing Topsy-wise.

Watched poker on TV the last two nights. I especially love the George the Greek, who shouts,
"THE ISLAND OF CRETE! THE ISLAND OF CRETE!"
whenever he wins. I think he was our tour guide to Delphi. I also like Chris Ferguson: his hat is so very cool, and I giggle at him looking vaguely Sleeky-only-bearded (till he takes off his shades and said hat).

Marie and Jan are in town, staying with their daughter, Katherine, not me. We are supposed to be "doing something" tomorrow, don't know what, don't know where...it's messing up my schedule. :-) And there's a hint that the three of them may be staying the night tomorrow, which means massive shoveling of crap off the spare room bed in order to make it up.

But that's tomorrow. First I have to get through today. Wish I were shopping....even if it was for a tripod.

But I REALLY wish I were in Florence with Annie. How about shopping, with Amy and Annie, in Florence?? Five stars!

No comments: