Monday, July 12, 2004

Manchester Airport

Mood: Good
Hair: Pony

Not that I'm a connoisseur of world travel, but this airport has the best website I've come across in the past couple of years! It has everything; the only downside is that it's a bit slow to load. However, I'm at home, so it could be because I'm on a slow (modem) connection...[because we aren't scheduled for T1 availability for 4 years! Yes, we live in hillbilly-land.]

I'm waiting for it to load the terminal maps so that I can figure out where we can meet Elizabeth on Thursday morning. Naturally, we are landing at different terminals, but it does appear that the two in question are at least connected. I have found The Meeting Point in Terminal One; the question is whether it's easier to meet there or in Terminal Three.

Oy this is slow.

OK, it's Terminal One. There. Aren't you glad you read this today?

Pre-trip pleasure yesterday: purchasing two books: Spiral Guides London and The Rough Guide to Britain. The latter has a front-cover blurb from Bill Bryson. How could I pass it up?? The former is spiral. Bendy. Fits in my purse. Maybe we won't look SO much like tourists...hah! Oh well, at least the bendy part is good.

Swim practice, ho!

No comments: