Saturday, May 29, 2004

Guess what I've been doing today

Mood: Good, but I'm going to be sore tomorrow
Hair: ...just don't ask...

It's been one of those days where I've had plenty of time to think. Woke up (at 9:15, aren't you proud of me?) thinking, in fact.
    Chore I dread doing, but the separate steps aren't that bad, once I actually start on it:
    Laundry. We do probably 6-7 loads a week, and thank God The Beast takes the initiative on it, or it wouldn't get done. Thinking about it makes me crazy. BUT...I don't mind folding the loads as they come out of the dryer. Maybe it has something to do with being tied to the house for 7+ hours listening for the buzzer(s)...? Whatever. I just switched loads; still not liking it.

    Chore I look forward to doing, but once I actually start I remember how much I hate it/how hard it is:
    Weeding. Not at all helped this year by the fact that we got grass seed spread into our garden--long story--last fall and now we have 2' high grass infesting the bushes and plants. Sigh. With all the rain we've been having, everything's growing like mad, but the ground is impossible to work with.

    Chores I hate, passionately, deeply, and permanently: Anything to do with floors--mopping, vacuuming, sweeping. Don't really like dusting either.

    Chores I look forward to doing:
    Washing dishes and cleaning the sink. I even like cleaning the bathroom with all it's components (yes, even toilets).
Wouldn't it be nice to post a list like this in your neighborhood? "I'll clean your bathroom if you'll mop and vacuum my floors." Any takers?

;-)

No comments: