Wednesday, May 26, 2004

6 hours later

Mood: That 'T' word
Hair: If I didn't know better, I'd swear it was helmet hair! Still in good shape. Weirder and weirder.

So what did I end up doing tonight?
    I ate (leftover cold pizza).
    I half-heartedly looked again for the source of a very (ahem) unpleasant odor in the house, one that apparently only I can smell. Amityville Horror, anyone?
    I read the local weekly paper, quoting the results of the survey of teenagers to the boy. When I told him that 25% of those surveyed said they'd had sex in the last month, he wrinkled up his note and said, "That's just gross!" hee hee
    We read Blitzkat.
    We went on an abortive shopping expedition for a yo-yo. Pleeze--it's a 40-minute round-trip to the nearest Wal-Mart/Target/K-Mart. I got about a mile from home and smacked myself metaphorically upside the head. We came home and played catch instead.
    Talked to The Beast on the phone.
    Put the boy to bed.
    Spent 90 minutes doing more trip lists while watching Road Rules/Real World Inferno and drinking Dr. Pepper.
    Spent 90 minutes reformatting the sidebar on my books blog. Just realized I left something off and I need to go fix it.
Funny: I don't see wine or cheese anywhere on that list. Or a front porch. Or even a phone call to our friends. Sigh...

The up news is that I haven't had a single snack since dinner. Now that I've realized that, of course, getting from the computer to bed (via the kitchen) is going to be tricky. ;-)

Staff meeting tomorrow morning. {croak} Then I think I'll hit the headphones and try to actually accomplish something useful for a few hours. Wish me luck.

No comments: