Friday, April 16, 2004

NUTS day--forget accomplishing anything!

Mood: wavering between crappy and lousy
Hair: fake 40s bouf

For lack of time and everything else, I am borrowing content from the Friday Five, c. July 5, 2002.

1. Where are you right now? At the children's reference desk at work. Not accomplishing anything (see top).

2. What have you lost recently? Well, let's see: my mind has been gone for a while... A pain-free existence? I don't quite see how people with serious chronic pain make it through the day! I have a whole new sense of clarity on that.

3. What was the first CD you ever purchased? Does that embarrass you now? First CD was probably either Howard Jones Dream Into Action or the Nylons (forgot the title). Nope, not at all embarrassed; still listen to them.

First album: The Force (a compilation album of bad '70s heavy metal "hits," most of which I'd never heard before...Bungle in the Jungle by Jethro Tull is the only one I remember now). It is long gone. My longest-currently-still-owned album is probably The Knack's first one. Did they ever do another one...? My favorite 'old' album is S&G's Bookends.

I can even do my first 45! "Seasons in the Sun," by Terry Jacks. I also inherited a bunch of cast-off 45s from my older brother, which I still have somewhere; among them are classics like "In the Year 2525," "Spinning Wheel," "The Boxer/Baby Driver".... I'm showing my age. :-)

4. What is your favorite kind of writing pen? I'm not all that fussy. I do like a good narrow 'felt-tippy' pen. But I'm pretty profligate in my writing collection. And pencils, frankly, rule! Really love pop-a-points.

5. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Vanilla with butterscotch or caramel topping. Or at Baskin Robbins, either Peppermint Stick or Bubble Gum. I don't actually care that much about ice cream. Prefer cake....actually, skip the cake--just gimme a bowl full of buttercream frosting!

I must go eject the 4-year-old with the ice cream sandwich currently using the computers. What is his mom thinking...oh wait, she's NOT! [she's online]

No comments: