Thursday, April 01, 2004

3/31

  • Wake up, shower and pack. Everything fits. Somehow.

  • IF ANNOYING MAN ASKS ME AGAIN IF I WANT COFFEE, I MAY HAVE TO KILL HIM!!! [he's the reason I don't drink coffee...]

  • We stop by Mom's before going on to the airport

  • Sparky buys ham sandwich: I buy bumper sticker

  • Another bumpy flight. Like riding a bull. Only, thank God, we didn't fall off. And my breakfast stayed down. I resolve to fly to Denver and DRIVE OVER THE MOUNTAINS the next time we visit!

    [We miss the notice that it's Idiot Day in Denver...]

  • We have 40 minutes between flights. We try to buy gum and souvenirs (for Sparky's friends) but the computer is dead. Time continues to tick past. We give up and I do the unthinkable: put everything in my hand (gum, keychains, etc.) into the stuffed animal bin and leave the store.

  • It's lunchtime; no food will be served on the plane, so we must stop at food court. As we set things down to put straws in the drinks, some Gigantic Backpack Lady decides NOW is the time to spin in circles. She wipes out Beast's Coke. We're out of time and run to the gate.

  • We pass another store that sells drinks. Since it's right by the gate, Beast has time to grab one after all. We board, first seating (love those frequent flyer perks Beast gets).

  • We are NOT, despite promises, in Economy Plus; we are in Economy (minus). Squish. The flight is ready to leave; the attendants are coming down the aisle closing the overhead bins. The door to the bin in which are bags are sitting suddently comes crashing down on Beast's head. Now we have to have the Union Mechanic repair it. The Head Flight Attendant tells everyone what's going on. The guy flight attendant who broke the door moves our bags to other bins. The Co-Pilot tells everyone we're waiting for the Mechanic. The Mech. finally arrives with Mechanic's Friend: Duct Tape. He takes the door back down (yes, it was put back ABOVE BEAST'S HEAD for awhile, just resting there), then puts it back up, and duct tapes it in place. We can leave the City of Idiots. Finally.

  • Totally uneventful flight. No bumps at all.

  • Dinner at J!mmy's Ch@rh0use on the way home.

  • We drive home; normally I sleep. Both Sparky and I are still wide awake upon arrival. I call Colorado and tell everyone we made it safely.

  • I'm asleep by 9:30 (and yes, it is good sleep, with just the usual lower backache when I wake up).
This took the piss outta me today. I've never been so glad to be home! What is this summer's trip going to be like??

No comments: