Thursday, April 01, 2004

3/30

  • Laundry day. Woo hoo. [hah]

  • We avoid Annoying Man whenever and however we can, all day.

  • Sparky and I play a few rounds of Boggle.

  • Sparky and Jan go swimming in Delta till noon.

  • We're out of food, so off to Merc. to restock.

  • The Beast and Sparky bag up the pine needles and take them to the street for garbage pickup tomorrow.

  • The three of us go to Surf@ce Creek W!nery. We want some of his cherry wine shipped, and some chardonnay, but he can't find the shipping schedule/rates/whatever. Don't we sound like lushes?? Headed back to Ced@redge, we stop at the soda fountain where they make up cones, malt and sundaes to order. Yum. And don't take our money till we're done and walking out. Love small towns. We sit on stools facing the fountain, probably the same way people have done for 70 years; I know the cabinets are at least that old. Neat.

  • We start packing. [sniff]

  • Beast cooks brats for supper. Mom brings her own (leftover) food instead, and once again has to leave before sundown.

  • Sparky, Beast, Marie and I play Boggle till the boy's bedtime. Beast and I tie.

  • Marie, Beast & I talk for about 3 hours after supper. I find out that not only did Dad want Mom to have an abortion when they found out I was on the way (which I knew--and Mom has been telling everyone she meets all week, which, by the way, is a great way to stop conversation!!), but that he wanted nothing to do with me after I was born. Obviously, that changed somewhere along the line. Whew. Sometimes talking to older siblings is rough. Especially when they are SO much older than you.

  • Best night's sleep. Don't think I woke up once. Still: sore back.
Another Great Day. Kind of repetitious, isn't it? Annoying Man IS VERY ANNOYING!!

No comments: