Thursday, February 05, 2004

Church

Well, my meeting was called off. Don't know why. The Beast's meeting, however, was not, and it has begun to snow. His drive home should be fun. And not just because of the snow...

He told me, as he was putting on his boots, that despite the apparent One-Big-Happy-Family atmosphere at the end of the last meeting, someone has since told him there has been "sniping." Outside the church. Sounds like in a somewhat public venue. Maybe overheard? I'm trying to stay out of the particulars, but it is obvious that Beast's pretty ticced off. I told him that whoever reported this to him needed to be popped in the nose, along with the "snipers." Grr.

And grr again. Don't piss around with my family, people. Grr GRRRR.

And so, after an amazing recovery as a result of last week's talk with Kate, I'm now back to general aggravation with much of the congregation. Beast has said he gets an upset stomach walking into the building, and I am pretty much emotionally checked out. We have to leave if this doesn't improve PDQ. Spring and the consequent end of Promiseland can't come soon enough.

Speaking of which, I need to let people know that I won't be there Sunday. Somehow I'm not too upset or guilt-ridden....

On a slightly up note, I did get Techie Librarian's baby stuff wrapped. The box weighs a ton! Wish I could be there Sunday to see her open it....dang.

But Oliver! should be good, Tribune review to the contrary. Sparky will love it, and probably annoy us by knowing all the lyrics and much of the dialogue.

Speaking of which, where is he...?

No comments: