Thursday, February 05, 2004

The 70s. Question for that decade: "Why?"

Weight Watchers has a lot to answer for. My mom's diabetes, for one? :-) Actually, we had one of the WW purple daisy-shapped stickers on our fridge for many years. Not that it stopped anyone from pigging out...

For me, the 70s were really all about Farrah Fawcett hair, combs in the back pocket of jeans (boys' and girls'), Gunne Sax dresses, and the Doobie Brothers everywhere on the radio. Actually, just listen to that Everclear song A.M. Radio. Come to think of it, the drink du decade was Everclear...foul stuff.

And disco. Let's not forget "You Can Ring My Be-ee-ee-ee-ell" and "Boogie Fever."

[I am embarrassed to admit that I agree with Simon Cowell about anything, but he at least gives disco some due.]

It's weirdo day at the library, so I'm leaving before the sun goes away. Sharon J is coming to the board meeting tonight to tell them how rude, uncooperative and mean we were to her the night she refused to leave at 9:15. And Mr. Dork, who is on the rural board, just snagged the director's ear for about 20 minutes about how books on CD, and books in general, are "luxuries" and we need more computers, dammit. He'll be at the meeting tonight, too. If I wasn't involved with this library, it would be a fun meeting to observe.

Instead I get a Personnel meeting at church. Bo-ring. While The Beast gets Genesis in the next room. Wonder which meeting the pastor will be at...?