Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blood pressure

I bought some radio show CDs for my mom some time ago and when she stopped using them, they were in good enough shape to donate to the library.

They have worked their way to the point of needing labels and cases and so forth. The person in charge of this--who, I'm sure it will come as no surprise given the title of this post, is CT--brought one over to ask something about it. When I took a look at it, I realized that my sister had written Mom's last name on the discs to ensure they were returned to Mom at the nursing home. So I said to CT, "You are going to black out the name, right?"

Sigh. "I don't know...."

WTF? Why would you leave someone's name on something when they don't own it anymore?? And it's a matter of taking a Sharpie and doing just what my sister did: writing on the surface of the printed side of the disc. I'm not asking for a label.

"There are an awful lot of them...."

So I told her fine, give them to me to scribble on because my time is ever so less valuable than hers. "I'll do it, I'll do it...." as she walks away. Sounding just like my mother, The Martyred One.

I'm telling you. I'm ready to feed her to the sharks.

No comments: