Monday, August 20, 2007

Profitable day?

It's almost 10 p.m. I've been up since about 5:30 a.m. For most of that 16-hour period, my eyes have been killing me. They are red, blood-shot, incredibly sore. I am either having a bad case of allergy-eye, or pink-eye. Since I've never had pink-eye in my life, I'm betting on choice #1. They have been sore, getting sorer for most of the weekend.

So, what did I do today with my sore eyes? Sparky and I watched approx. 12 episodes of CSI: Miami (Season 2). This is a bit like eating 8 slices of cheesecake in one day (I'd imagine--having never actually done the cheesecake thing!). Damn, I'm tired of dead bodies and David Caruso.

We also went to Borders and the grocery store, the former for game-coding books (long story, the short version of which is we only wrote down ISBNs), the latter for enough food to get us through the week. We were gone for about an hour. I'm a little afraid to be seen in public: I look like I'm a stoner.

And from about 11 till about 4, I was trying to upload our vacation photos from the laptop to Snapfish. WTF?! I did manage to get copies of our Minnesota trip photos ordered from them before I started having trouble. I also purchased a few Official Wedding Photos ($70, ahem, all 4 x 6" siz...racket, much?). So, yeah, still haven't ordered our wedding photos or vacation photos, from Snapfish. We took over 350 pictures. I love digital cameras, but damn! That's a smackdown. I'll see if I can get my act together and order them...uh...sometime soon.

And since you asked--right?!?--here are a few favorites from the vacation part of our trip last month:

Some major awesomeness of mountains pictures (well, I am a mountain girl, after all!).
This was taken in Kentucky... ...this was western Virginia......and here are the Smokies.
Our (rental) car had an outside temperature gauge. These two photos were taken almost exactly two days, and about 100 miles, apart. We all would have preferred an average of the two, I think!

The good news on the hot day is that we weren't having to wear "authentic historical" costumes from the Civil War Era. That would be...wool.






We stopped at a rest area at about 10 a.m. one day, and this was the view in the vehicle next to us. "This little piggie went to market..."
And frankly, this little piggy is now going to do what those little piggies in the picture are doing...sleep.

Good night.

No comments: