Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday Lazy

It's 9:30-ish. I slept in till about 7:20, got up, ate breakfast and played with Facebook (on the advice of my niece). Yesterday afternoon, I was chatting with Elizabeth and Rosellen at the same time in two different chat windows in Meebo (one uses Yahoo and the other uses Google). It was interesting, although I did end up doing a lot of "Rosellen says..." and "Elizabeth's answer is..." since one was asking the other about wedding stuff. Rosellen mentioned she'd gone from MySpace to Facebook, and since I hate the MySpace lay-out and menus (how confusing!), I thought I'd give FB a try. We'll see.

Anyway. I need to get showered and dressed for work. Sparky is coming with me today. He is doing the inventory [edit]. Yes, this is the SAME INVENTORY we started last summer! We haven't even finished the adult non-fiction! Sparky has worked on it more than most of the shelvers have, and we are nearly to the 800s (the 900s...HUGE, though). Granted the nonfiction is a big chunk of the collection, but I'm not about to start switching of the assigned Dewey numbers on our music CDs until the nonfiction is done and the CDs are inventoried. And what about moving all the biographies, a project I started about three years ago? I think I'm up to the Js.

No rest for the weary, or something. The unfortunate thing is that I like doing all of this so I don't want to hand anything off to anyone else (hah--as if there IS anyone else!). I'd just like to be able to do my job. I know I'll be at the Ref Desk for three hours tonight: maybe I can catch up my Bloglines (156 library-related posts I haven't read for over a week), or my listserves (about 200 posts, I think)...or maybe I'll just delete all of the above unread and work on the damn biographies!!

So much for lazy. I'm hitting the showers.

No comments: