Tuesday, April 17, 2007

CT...sigh

After spending all week last week faffing about getting nothing done at work, and then whining about it incessantly...

...I have my Go Away hat on today; I have headphones on. And yet, there seems to be a singular illiteracy in CT's head. She wants me to watch where I put the barcodes on the Playaways. This is part of what I was faffing with last week. ENOUGH!

So now I'm a bitch, and she will make a point of NOT talking to me for (at least) the rest of the day. As a Wise Person says to me regularly: "Is it really such a bad thing not to have her talking to you?" No. It's a very good thing.

Besides, Harry Belafonte is singing "Jump in the Line." If you saw Beetlejuice, you'll know why I'm about to start laughing hysterically now. I love this song.
(Jump in de line, rock your body in time) OK, I believe you!
(Jump in de line, rock your body in time) Somebody, help me!
(Jump in de line, rock your body in time) OK, I believe you!
(Jump in de line, rock your body in time) Whooooa!

Shake, shake, shake, Senora, shake your body line
Shake, shake, shake, Senora, shake it all the time
Work, work, work, Senora!!
And this was in my mailbox this morning, from a co-worker:
There is a man at Internet 1 – with his chair all the way back, so that he can run the mouse along the top of his thigh.
Life in a public library = never dull. So, back to the stack of books, the top one of which is Jiu-Jitsu Unleashed, and now the New York Dolls are singing about endless grace in my headphones.

No comments: