Tuesday, February 20, 2007

What librarians--and their families--talk about

I was going to mention that I heard the first bird of the spring looking for a girlfriend this morning as I was walking from my car into the library. Then I got busy with work. And then the world turned a little on its axis:
Just after the library opened, conversation in the back room touched on the subject of Witches broom disease and then suddenly someone was telling a story about her father. He's an anthropologist, very bright and totally academic. One day he felt moved to tell her husband that witches used to use the seeds of the moonflower, which is apparently an hallucinogen, to "fly"...by inserting the seeds into their vaginas.

Obviously, the conversation ended with that tidbit of information.

No comments: