Sunday, October 08, 2006

Porch time

It's 9:20. I just came out on the porch. I'm in shorts and a T-shirt. As long as the breeze is calm (90-95% of the time), it's good out here. The wind chimes are nearly silent. I won't be able to last too long, though the laptop is keeping my legs warm. It's probably in the upper 70s; we are scheduled for potential snow flurries late in the week.

I can hear crickets, but quiet ones. The really raucous ones are further away. And I can hear trucks on the state route about 2 miles south of here. The redneck neighbors must all be out of town; things are VERY quiet tonight. I can see the moon through a sort of mist up to my right, just below the porch roofline. I've just realized that our blue spruce--planted when we moved it--is now tall enough to see over the porch railing. I saw it sticking up and in the darkness I thought it was a cactus. Our porch lights are full of bugs (no, Beast, that's not a hint!).

Mmmm, I really love this place. I'm saving this up as much as I can for the winter to come.

No comments: