Monday, August 28, 2006

I hate being behind

When I went to bed last Thursday night, I had caught all of my RSS feeds up. When I woke up Friday, I was immediately and enormously behind (only not really) because everything old was magically new again on Bl0glines. I have, of course, cleaned up the majority of the mess: all 1300 comments have been marked "read" and so forth.

What I have NOT cleaned up is the folder of Library-related seriousness. I had set aside 24 articles on which I wanted to comment; those are still marked as saved. Aside from those there are currently 339 posts in that folder. I haven't read anything work-related since Thursday. The thought of sorting the old from the new there just makes me tired. So...I think I'm going to mark the whole folder "read," zero it out (including the 24 marked articles) and pretend this past 5 days never happened.

In the long run, who will ever know!?

[longish pause--filled with muttering: "I was going to be in bed half an hour ago" "So much for getting a good night's rest" etc.]

'K. I'm down to 5 saved posts in the Library folder: one is totally work-related, one is instructions for adding something to my sidebar, one is about the display from last month, one is for Sparky, and one is about someone else dreading the move to [New Software Company]. I'll do a proper link-job (why does that sound dirty?) tomorrow. Or sometime. And "mañana" is when I'll link to all of the 16 verbiage-related posts I've got saved, too. Mañana, y mañana, y mañana, por la mañana....

Pero, ahora, buenas noches, mis amigos...verdadero, mis amigas...que tienen sueños dulces.

No comments: