Monday, August 28, 2006

Etiquette

Yes, I know I could ask Miss Manners, but you-all will give it to me straight...!

So, in light of all the weddings, babies, and other foofaraw going on among my family and friends of late...

How long does one wait for a thank-you note for a gift before asking if said gift ever arrived?
I don't want to be "one of those people" but I'm also a little concerned about the Postal Service after reading blurb in the local rag about a guy who was stealing from transfer warehouses (he was a contract employee, not a postal worker). I can't find a link to the story; sorry.

So, what say you? Two months? Six? Obviously this is someone whom I don't see often, nor do I know her all that well. She's really more of a FOAF (Friend of a Friend), too.

It just dawned on me this afternoon as I was paging through our mail carriers leavings looking for anything besides bills and junk-mail.

No comments: