Sunday, August 27, 2006

Birthdays

I mentioned this yesterday, but something sort of cool dawned on me today: I was born in 1963--I will be 43 later this year. Marie was born in 1943--she has turned 63. And Del, born in 1953, just celebrated his 53rd birthday.

That'll never happen like this again.

On the other hand, I talked to Katherine today, my pregnant niece, and she asked if I'd talked to Del recently. When I said no and asked why--because she's the niece he's not talking to and I wondered...--she quickly said, "Nevermind. Mom told me something that I'm not supposed to know. Yet." So, yeah, I'm now extremely curious and I'm wondering if I should call him, because it's "medical" which makes me nervous, but she didn't sound freaked, and Whatever-It-Is happens this week.

Capisch?

Yeah. Me either.

No comments: