Thursday, May 04, 2006

Regarding Pasta Salad

[Our neighbors gave a us a large container of leftover food from a party they had last weekend, including fried chicken, mostaciolli and pasta salad]

OK, yes, I just ate (part of) a bowlful of pasta salad for breakfast. I have weird food habits. But anyway...

Things that should be found in pasta salad:
pasta, preferably the swirly kind, and preferably multi-colored, but I'm not that fussy, about this ingredient
oil-based dressing, preferably olive-oil based
"Pasta Salad Spices" (I don't know what all, but easy on the salt!)
a few black olives (you could skip these; I wouldn't mind)
pepperoni, if desired
broccoli, if desired
Things that should not be found in pasta salad:
large slices of tomato (yecchhhh), they look way too much like the pepperoni
diced onion chunks by the handful
diced green pepper chunks, ditto
But then again, beggers shouldn't be choosers. I'll have to ask my neighbor where she bought this (assuming she didn't make it) so I don't go there for our next party.

The upside? What looked like a heaping bowlful turned out to be just under a cup of actual food. I wonder if guinea pigs like Italian-spiced tomatoes....naaaah, probably not.

No comments: