Saturday, March 25, 2006

Home

I'm home, I'm tired, I learned a shitload, and brought home a lot of stuff. My job over the next couple of days is to put my notes into some sort of order that I can present to my boss, and also organize receipts for an expense report.

I memed a lot just now, but I've still got about 30 left to catch up on (assuming I do them all). I was hoping that would clear my head a bit, but it just tired me out.

Lowlights of the week:
1) Being hit on at 7:45 a.m. by two drunks as we walked back from breakfast one morning
2) Boston traffic
3) The lack of sightseeing we did
4) Forgetting to bring the camera with me to the Boston Public Library reception
5) Not having the laptop with me at the conference center. Next time I will.
6) $2.75 for a 20-oz. bottle of pop
7) Not meeting up with Betsy
[this took me a long time to come up with--there really weren't many lowlights!]

Hightlights:
1) Guy authors writing for kids who remember what being a kid is like.
2) The MAD Magazine dude
3) Jeremiah Healy--OMG!--Gorgeous, funny, sarcastic, and a good mystery writer...sigh....I'm such a groupie....
4) The hotel was great
5) The bus drivers were outstanding
6) The Old North Church
7) Food: lobster, clam chowder, a mashed potato bar, scones, and hummus. Not in one place, but all in one week.
8) Douglas County, CO, librarians were everywhere!
9) My colleague and I, who shared a room and 5 straight days of enforced togetherness, never had an argument.
10) Elie Wiesel. I'll be posting some of my notes from the conference, including a LOT of the stuff I wrote down while he was speaking.
11) Lots of other stuff I can't think of right now. It was an outstanding week.
Sparky just walked by on his way to bed and forgot I was here! I've been gone that long. He's now upstairs grumbling because Dad didn't make his bed when he made ours an hour ago. "I'm TIRED, Dad. Thanks a LOT! Why didn't you remind me...? Jeez." Such a teenager.

It's good to be home.

No comments: