Sunday, March 19, 2006

At work

It's exceedingly quiet here right now at the Reference Desk. Now that I've jinxed myself...

Just a quick note to say that I may or may not be posting this week. We will probably have a laptop, and I know we'll have access to computers, but I'm not sure how busy I'll actually be at PLA. Think of me in the heaven of history that is Boston, and the purgatory of jargon that tends to overwhelm conferences.

On the other hand, I'll get to hear Elie Wiesel speak. And Linda Ellerbee. And Nancy Pearl, and possibly Rob Reid (he's coming to our library later this year, so I may forgo that, but I've been told to "buy him a drink" so at least I'll see him at a bar!). If you don't know who the last two people are, you aren't a public librarians. If you don't know who that first person is, you really should. And I'm going to make it hard for you and not link to anything so you actually have to do research! How mean is that?

Have a good week.

No comments: