Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Back to the mines

Notes on today:
  1. It's really too warm in here today. The temp outside is 44. I'm wearing a long-sleeved cotton T-shirt. And I'm sweating. Yisch.
  2. I spent two hours today on service desks. Because it's spring break for the schools here this week and several people took the week off.
  3. I "only" have two full carts of things to catalog, plus five backpack kits (those I have to do from scratch, and they are a pain). In the past month, people have ordered almost $20,000 worth of materials. Just for comparison's sake, that's equivalent to our entire budget line for Reference materials, or half the total budget line for the children's department. For the year. Except we've done it in 5 weeks. And here it sits. Gotta love grants.
  4. I've cataloged 46 items today, over half of which are books on CD.
  5. Are we the only library who catalogs Family Passes to local museums? Probably so. Those came today, for the 2006 summer programs.
  6. I had a Culver's burger for lunch (and bought a salad for dinner). Lots of good red onions on the burger. I'm not fit to be around this afternoon
  7. Cinnamon has been having seizures at home again today. Sparky has been nursing him.
  8. In other guinea pig news, Cinnamon's mom is here at work today 'visiting' the kids programs. Remember Clarice?
  9. I have a session meeting tonight. The thrills, the chills, the sheer excitement that is my life, eh? I'll be at work 9 hours, and then head over to church with my salad around 6:15.
  10. Did I mention I'm overly warm? Oh, yeah, I did.

I'm going to go play with Clarice now....

No comments: