Monday, February 13, 2006

Monday night mental football

It has been a rockin' and rollin' weekend. Today was good: got a lot of stuff done, thought through some things, had a long mental talk with myself about my behavior of late, and made some resolutions.

I also unpacked a box of books, and Beast brought another upstairs for me to start on (which I haven't done). The kitchen counters have reappeared.

Beast had his annual review today at work. It went so much better than the last two reviews have. He didn't come home ready to slit someone's throat (mine, his boss's, or his own). But he has, I think, made some of his own resolutions regarding his future. Scary and somewhat exhilirating times upcoming, perhaps.

As a result of all of this thinking and talking, I have a much improved attitude about going to work tomorrow. I have a better handle on what I need to be doing to feel like my life isn't spinning out of control. Now the tough stuff starts: carrying through on some changes.

I also went to the doctor again today and felt like I made my case for attention to my shoulder(s), S.A.D. (change in meds), and possible reasons and treatments for these freakin' headaches (I had a doozy while there--the dr. kept saying, "You're squinting. It hurts, eh?"). 'Course, I spent just about 3 hours dealing with all of the tests, and some relatively incompetent volunteers at the hospital where I had to have the labs done. Patience, Cat.

There was a terrifically cute toddler waiting with me (and his parents) for awhile. It was fun to watch him. Kids are cute. Especially when I don't have to go home with them.

So, now, the last Chinese couple is skating and when they are done, I'm going to bed. Maybe I'll sleep past 4 a.m. tomorrow morning.

No comments: