Saturday, January 21, 2006

Avoiding work

It's ok though because I did loads this morning and yesterday's stupidity bought me guilt-free goof-off time. While I was gone, however, my cart went from nearly empty to completely full and overflowing.

Launchcast has been pretty good today, with the exception of one cut from a comedy album that was a) crude and rude, and b) sexist beyond belief, and c) skipped, but not soon enough to leave a nasty taste in my brain. (If that makes sense)

I work tomorrow too, and then this weeklong expedition through the Inferno ends. At last. I've actually begun placing new circles in Dante's version of Hell, by the way. He didn't have a place for pedants.

One of the librarians informed me that yesterday was the only day this week we didn't call the police to the library. Today's call was about an SUV that was in the parking lot this morning nowhere near a parking place. It appears that someone joyrode it into the lot overnight and abandoned it; the city plows then plowed it in (because we hire idiots to plow, I guess) and made the lot next to impossible to navigate by car or on foot.

This police-calling trend does not bode well for tomorrow. Yecccchhhhh.

I haven't even mentioned the coworker who not only found out this week that she has a blockage in one of the blood vessels near her heart, but also a lump in her breast. So next week she's going for a mammogram and a stress test.

Right. Back to the books. When I get home tonight, I'm having a (big) glass of wine with dinner. Then I'll do something entirely computer-unrelated. THEN, I'm taking two Tylenol PMs and going to bed at 8 or so. I'm beyond tired in so many ways. I've stopped taking the happy pills because of this: they make me feel so completely stupid (in the sense of drunken and asleep). I think right now I'd rather be depressed than exhausted.

The snow is pretty, though.

No comments: